Like us on Facebook

Grab Our Blog Button

Photobucket

Networked Blogs Followers

Followers

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring is here!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break.  Our break was in March and we've been back for about a month.  It's a busy time in kindergarten here in Hawaii...we are busy getting ready for our school's annual May Day Program.  Each grade level decides on a song or songs to perform for our families.  We will be doing a Tahitian song called "Tamatoa."  We are fortunate to have a kindergarten teacher that knows Tahitian and she has been teaching all our kindergarteners the dance.  We are very excited to perform for our families.

In between daily classroom lessons and May Day practice, we were able to fit in another fun directed drawing activity.  This fun ladybug came from DoodleBugs Teaching and I absolutely love it.  I also printed out a sun from a clip art bundle that I got from Teacher Laura.  I will will be putting their name in the sun and gluing it onto their completed ladybug.

Here are the suns waiting to be glued on their ladybug pictures.









These activities have been a joy to do with my kindergarteners.  It has helped them with following directions and becoming the artists that I know each can be.  Even my most reluctant artists enjoy and are very proud with the final product.  If you haven't tried directed drawings, this will be a great project to try.

I also found a cool online photo edit program that allows me to add cute borders/frames around my pictures. Go and check out Fotor Photo Frames.  I love it!!

Happy Weekend,
Julie








No comments:

Post a Comment